Alterations in the baby's skin are a very common reason for consultation with the pediatrician or the nurse. Although it has to be the specialist who examines, evaluates and diagnoses what happens to the baby, today we want to talk to you about the Sudamina and neontal acne, main changes in the baby's skin, and on how to act and how to prevent them.
The newborn babies skin is very sensitive and it is very common that during the first weeks and even months your face and some parts of your body suffer some type of alteration and fill with pimples. It is something that worries and can be very scary to parents, but in principle it is not serious.
Why do pimples appear on the newborn's skin? The pimples appear in the newborn because their skin is very thin, it has hardly any hair to protect it and, in addition, it is a first protective barrier that they have against the outside world, so instead of being scared we must take care of them and pamper them a lot, because as we have said the baby's skin is very tender and immature.
One of the conditions that the skin of newborn babies can suffer from is known as prickly pear. Is about some red granites with a rough touch white tip. If we want to know if our baby has sweat, we just have to run our hand over the area where it has these pimples and we will notice that it is like a touch of sandpaper.
This type of rash appears, above all, in the skin folds, for example in the English area, the neck, on the back of the knee or in the anterior area of the elbow and they usually come out due to excess moisture, What about there it is very important to dry the baby's skin (especially the area of folds) 'to touches' after bathing and be vigilant in case the baby sweats a lot (especially in summer).
And this would be the only treatment that your pediatrician will administer to cure sweat: keep the skin clean and dry, no need to apply any type of cream or ointment! They will go away in time!
On the other hand we have what is known as neonatal acne, similar to adult acne but with a different origin, because in this case it is not caused by the same bacteria. They also usually appear in areas of folds, but can also be seen on the baby's face or on the back and It is treated the same as Sudamine: keeping the area very dry.
In those cases in which we notice that the amount of pimples is abundant and they do not disappear over time, it is advisable to consult with our specialist doctor to give us a specific cream, but We should never apply any type of cream, ointment or ointment without consulting with the pediatrician.
As explained by the Spanish Association of Pediatrics in their report 'Newborn: temporary benign skin lesions', the disease affects up to 20% of infants and is more common in men. There are two forms of presentation: neonatal acne, which appears in the first two weeks of life and subsides within three months, and infant acne, which appears after 3-6 months of age and can persist for years.
And now that you know what the types of pimples that appear on the baby's skinHere you have a series of recommendations and tips to take care of your skin in the best possible way.
1. When we bathe or wash the baby any part of his body, we must use specific products for it and that are not of older children or adults.
2. It is also not necessary to use a gel, on the one hand, and a shampoo for another.. With the same gel it is usually enough for everything!
3. It is important don't rub the baby's skin too much because it is very sensitive and we can harm them.
4. The use of a sponge is not necessary either. With the hand of the father or the mother is enough.
5. When immersing him in the water, we must check temperature of it, which should be around 37 grams. If you have doubts, you can use a thermometer or put your hand or elbow. The first times you will have doubts, but in the end you will know which is the ideal one.
6. No need to bathe the baby every day, unless you see that your offspring relax in the water and that helps him to sleep better. In fact, if you have any type of skin alteration, it is advisable to space the time of the bath and do it only with water without soap and, if anything, add some oil.
7. Clean the baby's skin well with touches and paying special attention to the folds.
8. Moisturize your skin with specific emollient creams for newborns. If you want it to smell good, you can add alcohol-free cologne, but never spray directly on the child's skin.
You can read more articles similar to Cause and origin of neonatal sweat and acne in newborn babies, in the Skin Care category on site.