If you are looking for a fresh, smooth and nutritious recipe so that children and everyone in the family can hydrate and refresh themselves at any time of the day on the hottest days, we have a perfect recipe: Watermelon Gazpacho!
A cold and refreshing soup to make at home with the participation of the children, and that will make them repeat over and over again. The watermelon or pin is a sweet fruit with few calories and a lot of fiber. In addition, it is rich in vitamins C, B and A, and in nutrients such as potassium. Due to its large amount of water, it is ideal to prevent dehydration.
- 800 gr of watermelon
- 5 ripe red tomatoes
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
On our site we have prepared a simple, fast and very easy recipe to make, with basic and inexpensive ingredients. Follow our step by step to get an unforgettably delicious recipe.
The watermelon gazpacho can be served at any time of the day. Therefore, it should always be left in the fridge.
1. Wash the tomatoes, pepper and cucumber well. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and pepper. Cut them all into pieces.
2. Peel the spring onion and chop it. Peel the garlic, remove the center, and chop it very well.
3. Add the tomatoes, garlic, chives and pepper in this order to the blender and beat everything well until a fine cream is obtained. If you want, you can pass everything through a strainer, if not, you just have to reserve it.
4. Beat the pieces of watermelon together with the oil, vinegar and salt, until everything is very fine. Mix everything with the tomato mixture and beat everything again. Test to see if it is well to your liking and that's it.
5. Take the gazpacho to the fridge and leave it there for a few hours until it is cool to serve. Don't forget to stir the gazpacho before serving it. Delicious! Enjoy your meal!
Watermelon is much more than water and sugar. It is a fruit that brings many benefits to the diet of children. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is low in calories and contains a lot of fiber. Learn about 4 advantages of adding watermelon to children's food:
1. It has a large amount of water
Watermelon contains more than 90 percent water, which favors hydration for children and adults.
2. It is rich in vitamin C
A vitamin that helps strengthen the immune system and defenses of children. Helps prevent colds and colds.
3. Strengthens the bones
Thanks to the fact that it has lycopene, the red pigment found in fruits, the consumption of watermelon is associated with good bone health in children.
4. Works as a natural anti-inflammatory
Because it is rich in phenolics like flavonoids, carotenoids, and triterpenoids, watermelon reduces inflammation and provides anti-inflammatory support.
You can read more articles similar to Watermelon Gazpacho - Fresh and nutritious recipe, in the category of Soups and broths on site.