A light, healthy starter that provides many nutrients for children. Guiainfantil.com offers us this simple homemade hummus or hummus recipe, a chickpea puree, eaten cold and accompanied by pita bread or different raw vegetables. Is there a healthier way to start a meal?
The hummus is made with chickpeas and chickpeas are legumes that provide B vitamins (thiamine, niacin, B6 and folic acid), and are very rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and iron.
- 400 gr of cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 70 ml olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Sweet paprika powder
- Cumin powder
- Black pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Tips: tahini or tahina is a sesame paste widely used in Middle Eastern cuisine. There are them in many supermarkets.
Hummus is consumed not only in the vegetarian diet, but it has become very popular because it is an easy starter or side to make and a different way for children to take advantage of the nutrients in legumes. After knowing the ingredients, follow the step by step of our recipe:
1. Peel the garlic clove. You can remove the central part with a knife, so that it does not repeat. Cut it into very small pieces.
2. Put the garlic clove and the rest of the ingredients, including a little of the chickpea broth, cooked previously, in the blender glass. Add the spices: a teaspoon of chopped parsley, half a paprika, a pinch of black pepper (optional), cumin powder and salt.
3. Blend everything to form a smooth paste. If it is too thick add a little more broth.
4. Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil on top and a little more paprika and chopped parsley to decorate. We have also decorated with some whole cooked chickpeas. You can also add black olives. When serving, accompany with pita bread or raw vegetables.
Eggplant stuffed with rice and vegetables. The recipe for aubergines stuffed with rice and vegetables is simple, fast and inexpensive. A very complete vegetarian dish for children. On our site we tell you everything you need to make this recipe. Gather the ingredients and follow our step by step.
Light spinach lasagna. Healthy homemade spinach lasagna recipe for children and the whole family. our site offers us a rich and tasty alternative for children who do not taste vegetables, with the step by step of this pasta recipe. We teach you how to make it, step by step.
Wild asparagus risotto. Rice recipe with wild asparagus. our site offers us a vegetarian recipe, as a good alternative for a children's menu. An easy, fast and very simple recipe for children to prepare.
Vegetable lasagna. Vegetable lasagna recipe for children. A rich and healthy recipe, ideal for vegetarians. A variation on the traditional recipe, this vegetable lasagna is suitable for vegetarians and a good alternative for children's meals. Homemade recipe for those who follow a vegetarian diet.
Spinach and feta cheese quiche. On our site we invite you to make a spinach and feta cheese quiche for dinner, for an aperitif or a special family occasion. Healthy and easy to make recipe.
Andalusian salmorejo. Andalusian salmorejo recipe, step by step. our site offers us an ideal recipe for hot days. Try the recipe for this soft and delicious Andalusian salmorejo with the children. A soup with tomato and bread, healthy and appetizing.
Potato or potato rosti. We teach you how to make a quick and easy recipe that can be eaten either alone or with a partner. It is potato rosti or rosti potatoes. Crispy, exquisite and very healthy recipe for children and the whole family.
Soy burgers. This recipe for soy burgers is very easy to make, tasty and very healthy. healthy vegetarian ducks for kids Step by step recipe for soy burgers for children.
Falafel or chickpea burger. Falafel recipe or chickpea meatballs. our site offers us a rich and healthy recipe, a healthy alternative for dinner or children's meals. An Arabic recipe for children to start eating legumes.
You can read more articles similar to Hummus. Chickpea puree recipe for kids, in the category of Arabic recipes on site.