Vegetables not only provide vitamins and minerals to the body, but also fiber and water, ideal for preventing obesity and other health problems. Therefore, it is important that we always add vegetables to children's food.
One of the ways to do it is by using the vegetable broth in soups, in stews, purees or creams, as well as in other recipes, both in winter and in summer.
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 branch of parsley
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 branch of fresh rosemary and / or thyme
- 2 tablespoons (soup) of virgin olive oil
- 1 hour of laurel
- 1/2 cabbage
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 liters of water
- Salt (optional)
For this reason, our site has prepared a rich and healthy vegetable or vegetable broth, ideal for baby and children's purees. Follow the step by step of this very good and light recipe.
1. First, wash all the vegetables
2. Clean the celery sticks, remove the leaves and cut it in half. Same with cabbage. Reserve
3. Cut the roots of the leek and cut both the white part and the hours of the leek into pieces
4. Peel the carrots and cut them in half. Same with tomatoes
5. Peel the garlic cloves and onion, and cut it into four pieces
6. Put the oil in a pot and immediately add all the vegetables to sauté them
7. When they are done, add the water
8. When the water starts to boil, add the sprigs of rosemary, thyme, celery and the bay leaf.
9. Let it cook for at least 1 hour, over medium heat
10. Remove the pot from the heat, cover it so that the broth rests for about 15 minutes or until it cools
11. Strain the broth and if you wish you can use it right away, save it or even freeze it.
12. You can take advantage of the vegetables to make a vegetable cream, if you wish.
Many parents ask us if the Vegetable or vegetable broth can be frozen. And we say yes. Also, it is better to freeze it than to keep it for more than 3 days in the fridge. How you freeze it depends a lot on how many times you use it. Ideally, divide it into small containers, depending on the amount you use, and defrost it when necessary.
It can also be frozen in the cubes of the container that we use to make ice, in a tupper or in a plastic bag. In the freezer, the vegetable broth can last for months.They will not lose their nutritional properties.
Zucchini puree. We teach you how to make a delicious and nutritious zucchini puree with an easy and simple recipe. our site teaches us how to prepare a homemade baby cream. Zucchini is a vegetable that, due to its high water content, has diuretic effects and does not provide too many calories.
Mashed Cauliflower. Homemade recipe for a cauliflower cream for lunch or dinner for children and the whole family. On our site we have prepared an easy, healthy, gentle recipe that is very rich in vitamins and fibers to enrich the diet of babies and children. Follow our recipe.
Mashed carrots. One of the first ways for a baby to taste the vegetable is to feed it in this carrot puree, which has many vitamins, antioxidants and helps lower cholesterol. It is also a food rich in iron for children. Learn how to make this delicious recipe, step by step.
Vegetable puree with fish. This soft puree of white fish with vegetables contains everything you need to be a healthy and balanced dinner for your baby. A homemade recipe for children with many vitamins. This rich and healthy fish puree can be introduced in the tenth month of the baby's life.
Green bean puree. Simple and nutritious puree recipes for babies. Vegetable creams for babies from six months of age. How to make a green bean puree, step by step, for the baby. our site brings us an easy and simple recipe for green bean puree for both babies and children to learn how to eat vegetables.
Pumpkin puree. How to make a pumpkin, potato and carrot puree, for babies, children and the whole family. our site teaches us the step by step of an easy, fast and very simple recipe to prepare. A recipe with many vitamins, nutrients, fibers, ideal for the diet of babies.
Leek puree. Leek and potato puree or cream recipe for babies. our site has selected the best vegetable purees for baby food. Simple leek puree for the baby's diet. We teach you how to make a creamy puree, rich in vitamins and fibers, for children.
Sweet potato puree. The sweet potato or sweet potato facilitates digestion, making it an ideal food for pregnant women or children. On our site we teach you how to make a delicious sweet potato puree for babies and the whole family. Nutritious puree recipe that will provide vitamins and fibers to the little ones.
You can read more articles similar to Home-style vegetable or vegetable broth recipe, in the category of Soups and broths on site.