Technology is indispensable in virtual teaching, and therefore, it is important that both teachers and students are prepared to take it to the level of training. New technologies are increasingly present in our lives, students begin to use them at an early age and are their main means of communication.
Therefore, Teachers and professors have the challenge to ally with them and make the most of them to use them as a work tool for learning, especially when we talk about online education or distance education.
Virtual teaching has great advantages, such as, for example, not having to move to a physical space for the Teaching-Learning process to take place, greater flexibility of time, as well as the opportunity to teach much more visual, and at the same time, more dynamic, innovative material and adjusted to the times.
Today, teachers face great challenges. Accustomed to a classroom and a set schedule, for some, it can be chaos delivering training online. Let's take a closer look at some of these challenges that we have to reflect on in order to get the most out of online education.
To know how to work with this tool, it is important that teachers take into account the following aspects:
1. Know perfectly the platform with which they work to offer quality teaching.
2. There must be a coordination between professionals of each academic year to distribute the necessary daily homework and not overload the students and families.
3. In this world so audiovisual, it is important take care of aesthetics, both in texts and in virtual classes.
4. Design a work program, it is essential to establish schedules to give classes, tutorials, corrections and exams. In this way we can differentiate each of these aspects and personalize the attention of each student.
5. Avoid the digital divideThis is not only marked by access to devices and connectivity, but also by access to additional resources that allow us to use new technologies correctly. In this aspect we can find: students who do not have access to the Internet, those who have access, but do not know how to use it, and those who manage it without any problem.
6. Create a suitable and attractive environment to motivate students to want to learn. It is important to offer facilities to interact with students and answer any questions that may arise.
Our main objective is that learning is productive, so I recommend some tips to facilitate this process as much as possible and that this formula works.
- Establish a space of autonomy with a certain independent and illuminated environment.
- Create a correct and real distribution of work time. This is important to be more productive and not have that feeling that 'we spend the whole day working'.
- Establish a schedule of weekly activities so that students can organize themselves.
- Encourage lfun and fun activities and take breaks from time to time. This is essential so that the children (and we teachers) can concentrate better.
- Interact with the students proposing debates.
- Teach teachers and students to use the platforms at the beginning, and not during the Teaching / Learning (E / A) process.
We hope that both the advice and all the challenges that virtual teaching presents to teachers will make us reflect on how to get the most out of it when organizing our classes.
You can read more articles similar to 6 challenges that virtual teaching of children presents to teachers, in the category of School / College on site.