Being a mother is one of the most endearing and pleasant experiences that women can live. Being a mother is an experience of a lifetime. That is the theme of this selection of books with stories so that children understand and understand how important it is to have a mother, and at the same time they learn to value them. Follow one selection of stories for children to have fun and be closer to their mothers. You can count them any day of the year or, also, on Mother's Day. Do you dare?
Father's day, grandparents 'day, great-grandparents' day, children's day ... Not to mention other 'outstanding' dates such as chocolate day, omelette day or brownie day . The calendar is full of festivities, but if there is one that the children look forward to, it is certainly Mother's Day, right?
Around this date there are many curious facts that you may not know, but that we are going to tell you so that you know a little more why, how and when this day is celebrated around the world.
- Did you know that it is not celebrated on the same day in all countries? In Spain, Portugal or Angola, for example, it is the first Sunday in May while in Chile, the United States, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Cuba or Colombia it is the second Sunday. In Mexico, there are years that coincide and others that do not, because it will always be May 10, regardless of the day of the week. Argentina, for its part, passes it to the third Sunday in October. In many other places, it coincides with March 8, Working Women's Day.
- We have to travel to Ancient Greece to meet the first celebrations for mothers. There, homage was paid to Rea, the mother of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. Later the Romans came to call this celebration Hilaria
- Everything changed with the arrival and expansion of Christianity throughout the world. It was when it was decided that on Mother's Day honors would be paid to the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus. Hence, at the beginning, in many places it was celebrated on December 8, the day of the Immaculate Conception.
- Behind this special day, a movement that wanted to peacefully defend women's rights emerged in the United States at the hands of activists Julia Ward Howe and Anna Jarvis.
- In Japan there is a custom of giving a carnation, a symbol that is linked to the motherly side. And, how could it be otherwise, in many homes they eat shushi. While in the United Kingdom, mothering cakes are prepared in every house.
- In Mexico there is no shortage of serenades to honor mothers ('Las mañanitas'), in the Dominican Republic they have created the 'Hymn to mothers' and in Thailand women go to their children's school.
These traditional stories are different from each other and try to teach different values, but they all have something in common: in all of them there are mothers. Each one of them different, with very different circumstances, but all of them sharing the same feeling: unconditional love for that being that they have had within them for nine months.
Mother goat and the seven little kids. our site offers you the traditional story of 'The mother goat and her seven little goats'. A story to alert children that they should never open the door of the house to strangers and that appearances can be deceiving.
Hansel and Gretel. Hansel and Gretel children's story. Traditional stories to read with children. Classic stories to encourage reading. Short books for children.
Little Red Riding Hood. Little Red Riding Hood is a fairy tale written by Charles Perrault in 1697. Countless adaptations have been made of this classic, such as this poem about Little Red Riding Hood, written by Francisco Villaespesa.
The dumbest punishment. Children's story about the valuable role of mothers. Special story for Mother's Day. Story 'The most stupid punishment', about the importance of mothers.
Sleeping Beauty. Sleeping Beauty. Children's stories of a lifetime for your little boy. Children's, popular and traditional stories for children. New stories from our readers. Publish your children's story on the Internet.
The princess and the Pea. Short story of the princess and the pea. On our site you can print the story of the princess and the pea to read to your children. A story about princesses for boys and girls.
The ugly Duckling. The tale of the ugly duckling. Traditional children's stories for your children and babies. New children's stories from our readers. Publish your children's story on the Internet.
The trunk of the costumes. The story of 'The trunk of the costumes', talks about the Carnival. Once upon a time there was a girl who needed a costume for Carnival, in her grandmother's costume chest, she would find the best of all. Find out what this girl has dressed up for in Carnival, reading this story to your children.
Thumbelina. Thumbelina, traditional short story by the Brothers Grimm. Classic stories for children. Literature to encourage children's reading. Traditional fables.
Magic beans. We offer you a version of the story 'The magic beans', from the famous writings Hans Christian Andersen. The magic beans, Jack and the magic beans. It is a story by Hans Christian Andersen that tells the story of a boy who, through magical seeds, lives unique adventures.
It doesn't have to be Mother's Day to show your love for your mother. That's why since Guiainfantil.com We encourage you to have these displays of affection with your mother, whatever the date.
- Special breakfast
Who gets up before anyone else so that everything is ready for breakfast? What if this time we change roles and it is the children and the parents who come forward and leave their mother in bed? The surprise will be great!
- Unique dedications
If mom uses an agenda, write it on the day you choose a special dedication ('Thank you mom for so much love'). When you open to that page and see the message, you will be totally thrilled! You can also think about giving mom a poem. A great gift, right?
- Special gift
A mother would give her life without thinking about it for her son, and what would you be able to give her? If you have a special object ... how about you put it in a box and wrap it up to give it to him? It will be like giving your heart!
- A drawing about her
This is not about making a quick and running drawing but about making a different design. Take out your painter's streak and become a whole Picasso, but giving your touch. Close your eyes, think of that image of your mother and put it on a blank sheet of paper. It will come from the depths of you!
[Read +: Script to organize a children's play for mom]
Ideas, feelings or emotions ... All this can be expressed through poetry, that's why a very special gift that children (and husbands or partners) can give mothers on any occasion is to recite a poem (if you dare you can also start writing your own). Here are some suggestions!
You can read more articles similar to Children's stories about mothers, in the category of Children's stories on site.