Children love musical instruments. One of the instruments most used in schools is the flute. Perhaps because wind instruments are the easiest to use at an early age.
On this occasion we suggest you make a panpipes or andean flutea, a very popular musical instrument in many South American countries, and originally from Peru, using only plastic straws as recycled material. We tried? Write down everything you need.
- plastic straws, straws, or canes
- colored paper or card to decorate
- Scotch tape
- Tips: It is recommended that the straws, about 14 are of different colors, as shown in the images
We teach youhow to make a pan with straws, in a simple and very practical way. You don't need a big budget to create your own musical instruments. If you want, you can create a pan with just… a few straws, straws or canes !! Follow our step by step with photos.
Here are the instructions to make your panpipes:
1. Creating your own pan is extremely easy. It consists of cutting the straws two by two with a slight difference. Depending on the number of straws you use, your pan will be larger or smaller. I recommend doing it with at least 12 straws, because that way you can better play with the different sounds. Count your straws… When you have the ones you are going to use, cut them in half.
2. Now you place them in an aligned way and start cutting from the smallest to the largest. Just one piece at a time. If you want to be very exact, you can use a tape measure, but you can do it by eye perfectly.
3. When you have them all, they will be staggered. Once you are satisfied with the size you need to create your pan, you must join them. Do you know how? With adhesive tape. Cut a nice piece and place it on your straws. When they are glued and attached, you turn it over and stick the other side of the tape. Make sure the straws are securely attached with another piece of tape a little higher.
4. Well, you almost have it. Now is the time to decorate your panpipes. You can cut a piece of cardboard of any color into a rectangle. To know that you are going to have enough, calculate it by putting it on your pan. Glue the pieces of cardboard onto the pan.
And that's it! You already have it!! Now is the time ... to try it !! Blow from one side to the other ... and enjoy the music !!
Drum blonde doll. Creating crafts with recycled materials will teach the child the value of reusing materials, and if they are also crafts to create homemade toys, it will motivate them much more. On our site we show you how to create a drum doll with a cheese box ... it's so much fun!
Drum brunette doll. On our site we teach you how to make an original drum doll for children to make with recycled material. With this children's craft your children will be able to build their own musical instrument and spend great time making music with the drum doll.
Tin drum. On our site we teach you how to make a musical drum using just one can. With this children's craft your children can build their own musical instrument with recycling material such as a can of preserves. Crafts with recycled material for children.
Homemade maracas. Do you want to learn how to make homemade musical instruments for your children? On our site we teach you how to make original maracas with recycling material.
Homemade tambourine. If you like Christmas carols, Christmas crafts and doing creative things, get to work! We bring you the step by step to make a tambourine with recycled material for children this Christmas. You will have a fun time and, in addition, you will develop the imagination and creativity of the little ones.
Maracas with glasses. On our site we teach you how to make colored plastic recycling maracas. This recycling children's craft teaches children to make some nice maracas, which will serve as a decorative object or as a toy.