Crafts are a good option to enjoy at home with children, be it on a rainy afternoon or on days when we cannot leave the house. Anyway, we can invite children to do hand activities at any time of the year. On our site we invite you to enjoy this beautiful activity that helps children develop their imagination and psychomotor skills.
With children's crafts like this puffer fish made with egg cups, we will also have a recycling craft with which they will learn to reuse materials and take care of the environment. A nice and simple ornament or toy.
- 1 egg cup or box of eggs
- White (or pink, to get ahead of the steps) card
- Red acrylic paint
- Pink acrylic paint (if the card stock is white)
- Small moving eyes
1. For each fish you will need two holes for the egg cups, so you can cut out all of them and make several different models.
2. Glue both edges of the egg cups and glue them together. You may have to adjust them a bit to make them fit. Press for a few seconds so that it is well fixed and wait for it to dry.
3. On the cardboard, draw two fins, cut them out and glue them to the top and bottom of the egg cup. Do not forget to put a small tab to make it stick better.
4. Draw on the cardboard the mouth and the tail of the fish, you can make different models. Cut it out (with the eyelashes as well) and glue the mouth in front and the tail behind.
5. Paint the body of the fish with red acrylic paint, and the fins pink. You can also use the card stock of the color you refer to, or add a bit of glitter. When the paint has dried, stick the moving eyes on both sides. Use a fine thread to hang the fish.
And here we have our puffer fish, made with recycled material. A very nice homemade toy. Do you sign up?
With the egg cups or egg boxes that we have left over at home and that we often throw away, we can do many crafts with the children. In addition, it is a simple material and very light to use, which makes work much easier. Here are some ideas: