When I was little, one of the things I liked the most about Holy Week was French toast. During those days I wouldn't stop eating them all the time, and I even tried to get my mother to 'de-seasonalize' them so that she would prepare them for me more often.
Now I make them with my son, and we both enjoy making them and then of course eating them. After all, torrijas are an inexpensive, versatile and very easy to make dessert.
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 loaf of stale bread or French toast bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
On our site we have prepared some scrumptious French toast. Here I explain the step by step to prepare milk torrijas with the children.
1. Heat the milk with two tablespoons of sugar, the lemon rind and the cinnamon stick, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil.
2. Let the milk cool and then strain it to remove the remains of the cinnamon and lemon.
3. Meanwhile, cut the thick slices of bread, about 2 centimeters each.
4. Soak the slices of bread one by one in the cold milk. Beat two eggs and then pass the slices of bread through the beaten egg and then fry them in plenty of hot oil.
5. When they cool, if you wish, you can pass the slices through a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
Torrijas with orange. French toast recipe to make at home with the children. our site offers you a most spectacular French toast recipe: Orange toast, ideal for dessert or children's snack. A sweet that can not be missed in family celebrations such as Easter.
Baked light torrijas. The torrijas de Semana Santa are one of the most traditional desserts in Spain. We propose a lighter and healthier alternative with this recipe for children of light baked French toast. Baked French toast for children.
Gluten-free torrijas. Gluten-free French toast recipes. Torrijas are a traditional sweet typical of Spain, which is usually eaten during Holy Week. If your child suffers from gluten intolerance, now you can have this delicious dessert with this recipe for gluten-free torrijas
French toast with sweet wine. Torrijas recipe with wine. Recipe for Easter. At Easter some delicious traditional dishes are prepared such as torrijas with sweet wine, an easy and inexpensive recipe to cook with children at this time.
French toast with chocolate. Torrijas with chocolate recipe. Easter means holidays for children, and they will surely love to enjoy these days even more with a recipe for children of French toast with chocolate, a very special dessert.
Grandma's French toast. Grandma's French toast recipe. The most traditional dessert of Easter, these granny torrijas have the best of simple and easy desserts, and an unforgettable flavor with the aroma of cinnamon and sugar.
You can read more articles similar to Milk torrijas, step by step recipe for children, in the category of Desserts and sweets on site.