In this video, Raquel Arroyo teaches us how to prepare step by step a tasty Panetone with chocolate chips, a traditional Italian dessert at Christmas. Involve your children in the preparation of this recipe, to have fun with the family. It is a perfect sweet for these dates, as it has a great tradition behind it and its flavor is also delicious. We tell you what ingredients you need and how to make a Panetone step by step. Delicious!
The Panetone or panettone is a bun made with a very juicy and tasty brioche-type dough. There are many versions of this dessert, which is also perfect for any snack, but on our site we bring you one of the most classic recipes: chocolate. As an alternative, you should know that this traditional Christmas dessert It can also be prepared with raisins or candied fruits.
If we have already convinced you to prepare this delicious preparation, the first thing you should do is write down and have it at home the next ingredients. These are all that we are going to use, but remember that you can always adapt the recipe to your tastes and needs.
- 130 gr. of strength flour + 450 gr.
- 70 gr. milk + 60 gr.
- 25 gr. fresh yeast + 30 gr.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar + 100 gr.
- 1 orange or lemon
- 3 eggs
- 20 gr. orange blossom water
- 20 gr. vanilla essence
- 100 gr. butter or margarine
- 300 gr. chocolate chips
- 25 gr. of honey
- A little bit of salt
Do you already have all the ingredients ready? It's time to get down to business!
Let's see step by step how this delicious and typical Christmas sweet is prepared for these days:
1. We are going to prepare two types of dough for our panettone: a sourdough and a main. We will start with the sourdough, for which we will have to use: 130 gr. of strength flour, 70 gr. of milk at room temperature, 25 gr. of fresh baker's yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. Do not lose sight of the rest of the ingredients, as we will need them later.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and try to make a dough. You will have to knead it for at least 10 minutes, until it is homogeneous, has no lumps and is very elastic.
3. Make a ball with the dough you have obtained and put it in a bowl with water that is warm. In about 10 minutes you will see that it has become much larger, it may occupy almost double.
4. In another bowl, we begin the preparation of the main dough. For this, we need 450 gr. of bread flour, to which we add the flavored sugar, 30 gr. fresh yeast, a pinch of salt, eggs, 60 gr. of milk, 25 gr. of honey, 100 gr. butter, orange blossom water and vanilla essence. We mix well!
5. Then you have to mix both masses that we have made: the main dough with the sourdough. You have to be patient and constant because the goal is to get them to integrate well. You have to let them rest so that they grow, between 45 minutes and 1 hour.
6. Next, we put a little flour on a clean surface, we put the dough well spread and we add the chocolate chips. It is time to knead again, making sure that the chocolate is completely distributed throughout the dough.
7. Oven moment! If you haven't done it by now, preheat it to 180 degrees. This dough that we have made makes two panettones, so we have to divide it and put it in two different molds. We let them rest again so that turn up the volume again.
8. Now it only remains to paint them with beaten egg and we make a cross with a knife on a surface. And ... baked! Put it for 45 minutes, but keep an eye on the oven so that it does not burn or dry out.
The time has come to enjoy how delicious you have left!
The panettone It is a delicious dessert very typical of Italy, more specifically from the Milan area, in the northern part of the country. It is typical that they take it there at Christmas time, when all the families gather around the table. It is so popular that there are even different initiatives for the dessert to be recognized as a true international delicacy. There are those who ask that it be recognized with a Protected Designation of Origin.
Given that it is a true delight, it is not surprising that there are many other countries in which it has also become popular. In certain areas they have even adapted it to the tastes of the place, as is the case in Peru.
In addition to panetone or panettone, this sweet is also known as panettone, sweet bread, panettoneor even Easter bread, although the latter has some differences in taste and the way it is prepared.
Thanks to its dome shape, Panettone can be consumed in different ways: in thin or thick slices, in triangular or elongated portions ... Some people take it for breakfast or as a snack, but others prefer it as a dessert. Also, did you know that in some countries it is served toasted, and spread with jams? In others it is covered or filled with creams or cream. It is also very tasty if you eat a good cup of chocolate or a good mulled wine together. Mmm ...!
There are different legends and stories about its origin:
- There are those who say that a young man from a high house named Ughetto Atellani de Futi fell madly in love with the daughter of a pastry chef in Milan. To win her over, he pretended to be a bakery apprentice named Toni and prepared a delicious sweet that ended up being panettone as we know it. Over time, this recipe became known as 'Toni bread', And everyone wanted to try it!
- However, you may also have heard that panettone was the result of a coincidence, like many other important inventions and discoveries throughout history. It so happened that a Milanese nobleman had organized a great feast to celebrate Christmas Eve with his wealthy friends.
What was the cook's fright when he realized that the dessert he had prepared for this occasion had burned in the oven. Luckily his assistant Toni had separated some ingredients to prepare a rich and more modest dessert for them, the court servants. And with them they were able to prepare the first panettone in history, which was a great success.
Be that as it may ... luckily this delicious dessert was invented!
More Christmas desserts for the whole family
You can read more articles similar to How to make a Panetone, recipe for Christmas desserts, in the Christmas category on site.