We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Carnival is a colorful and joyful party that invites you to try different dishes. Among them, this, the honey soups, a very sweet dessert typical of one of the areas of Spain where there is more carnival tradition: the island of La Palma (Canary Islands).
Don't be fooled by the name. Honey soups they are not taken with a spoon. It is a sweet whose base is bread and cane honey. Do you want to learn how to do it? Do not miss this step by step.
- A loaf of bread (torrija bread is very good or if not, bread from the day before)
- 250 gr of cane honey
- 100 gr of toasted almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of half a lemon (better if it is green)
- 50 grams of sugar
- 3 gr of anise (optional)
- 50 ml of water
1. Cut the bread into slices.
2. Put the water with the honey and about 60 g of chopped almonds in a saucepan over the fire.
3. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon zest and anise. When it starts to boil, lower the heat from high to moderate and leave for a while until a syrup forms.
4. Begin to add the slices of bread, turning it over so that they are well soaked with the mixture of honey, anise and cinnamon.
5. Go placing the slices with honey in a source and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped almonds and the cinnamon powder. Let cool and ... that's it !!
You can read more articles similar to Honey soups. Typical Carnival recipe, in the category of Desserts and sweets on site.