We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
All parents know that it is not easy that moment when they have to vaccinate our child, they have to insert a stick to see the throat or they have to take an X-ray. Children are scared of these tests or it simply forces them to be very still and they are not able to do so.
For this reason, the Pig-O-Stat company manufactured in 1960 a pediatric immobilizer to be able to take plates from babies without any complication. It has been in use for years but the controversy regarding this device has just been unleashed after the publication of a photograph of a baby inside the Pig-O-Stat Pediatric Immobilizer.
These images have scandalized thousands of people and the photo has already gone viral and although the company is very proud of the product, I would like to see more than one there immobilized.
I think there are other more 'humanized' methods to reassure and hold children when it comes to medical tests, here are some:
- To breastfeed: It is a method used when the baby needs to be blood drawn or vaccinated. It is also known as tetanalgesia and it refers to the calming properties of breastfeeding the baby.
- Swaddle the baby: Using the swaddling technique helps them calm down and relax. It is nothing more than using a blanket or sheet to wrap the baby as it provides a lot of security.
- Cradle the baby: we mothers know that it is an effective method for any moment of stress in which the baby cries. It is essential when after the vaccination the baby seems inconsolable.
- whispering to the baby: the typical 'shhhhh' next to the baby's ear, or a soft melody sung very close to them can soothe them and make them feel more secure.
- Turn him on his side: We will not be able to prevent them from screaming or crying when the doctor is performing tests such as auscultating them, taking their temperature, looking at their ears or giving them an injection, but experts tell us that the position on the side helps them feel calmer.
Don't you think that anything is better than putting the baby in a camera like the one in the image?
You can read more articles similar to Tricks to calm babies and children in medical tests, in the category of Vaccines on site.